27 February 2009

The words "Kimchi Kat" do not show up in that order on Google.

I'm going back to calling Cassee Kimchi Kat, even though it's misspelled. It's not on Google! How fabulous is that?

My titles have absolutely nothing to do with my posts. I like it that way.

I'm not sure if this is just me being a spelling/punctuation/grammar person, but I find it really strange to have Facebook chats with certain people. I type out full sentences and try to put my entire thought in one post. Other people...don't.

Example:

Me: Hi, Anonymous!
Anonymous: hi libby
how r u?
Me: I'm fine. You?
Anonymous: i'm fine to
do u like cheese?
Me: Um...
Anonymous: ?
Me: Why are you asking?
Anonymous: i dunno
i just wanted 2
well
?
do u?
Me: I guess. I mean, cheese is pretty cool. I don't eat it all the time or anything, but I like it.
Anonymous: lol
yeah
i don't
like it
i think its kinda gross
but
ok

It's really strange for me to look at a chat I've been having and see that I speak in sentences, but the people I talk to speak in little. Short bursts of. Speech. It takes a minute for them to write up their little three-word phrases (subordinate clauses!) and send their little tiny bits of thoughts to me. I'm not annoyed with the people who type like that, just the way they type.

its annoying. 2 try 2 read. ok? cuz ur little. mini-thoughts r not interesting. their kinda stupid. k?

So please stop it and write like you've cracked open a dictionary at least once in your life, please? I'm getting a little angry here, actually. I could rant for a while on this subject; I did once in English class. But I'm going to stop now. I might devote an entire post to this some time, but not now.

I've changed the nifty little profile picture up in the right-hand corner several times now. First it was a creepy staring face because I was too lazy to put up a better picture. Then it was the picture of a dress made from old iPod skins. I love that thing. It's absolutely amazing. But I got bored of it after a while and changed it to an interrobang, a combination exclamation point and question mark. Now it's an irony mark. Yes, it's not just a backwards question mark, it's an irony mark. There's a huge difference. I'll probably have a picture of a dead rat up by March.

It's interesting how a lot of people seem to blog the way they talk. Like, some people write really, really long paragraphs and then pull themselves back on subject. Some people just write down thoughts and skip to the next one. Do I blog the way I talk? I can't tell. I don't just talk to hear the sound of my own voice, whatever you think. I talk because I can.

I don't think that's a better reason, but I don't care.

I keep thinking about colors all the time and I don't know why.  It's very strange. I keep doing things like searching the word blue on Google or typing in yellow on Wikipedia. I even have the word blue written on the back of my hand. In purple marker, natch. I love that word, almost as much as I love colors. This is prompting me to make a list. Unfortunately, I can only think of a few things to put on it right now, so it will be an ever-growing list. I will add to it as I think of other things to put on it. Don't worry, though; that could take millenia.

Things I Like More than I Should for No Apparent Reason:
  • Colors
  • Butterflies
  • The word natch
  • British spellings of words
  • British punctuation
  • Punctuation
  • Green cargo pants
  • Characters who wear green cargo pants
  • People who wear green cargo pants
I barely ever made lists until I started blogging and the little Bulleted List key showed up. See, blogging is a bad influence on me. I should leave my blog to collect virtual dust here on the Internet and go rant about people who curse too much elsewhere. Of course, my reader(s) would probably all die from lack of their daily me.

I'll stay. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment