27 February 2009

"stayhome mom & doting dad yearn for your baby"

That was an adopt ad in the newspaper. I thought it would make a great title. Aren't you just dying to give up your child to them? They yearn for him/her. Yearn.

Last night, I stayed up until midnight watching animanga with the child. Because I am the kind of person who thinks midnight is late but will stay up that late just to watch animanga. Of course, I didn't just watch animanga. This is the full list of things I did (minus the one or two or ten things I forgot about):

What I Did For Two Hours Last Night
  • Decided the animanga was racist against the French for only offering JaItalicpanese and English subtitles
  • Complained about Tohru having brown hair
  • Complained about my complaining about Tohru's hair
  • Informed the child that I am often hairist against those who are not blonde
  • Complained about almost every character's voice
  • Spent the first five minutes whispering to the child, "His voice is weird!"
  • Burst into hysterical giggles every time Yuki talked
  • Imitated Yuki's voice by putting my hand over my mouth and talking in a falsetto
  • Resolved to look up who the voice actors were so I could laugh my head off at them
  • Told the child he was acting like an animanga lover
  • Assured the child that acting like an animanga lover was not a bad thing
  • Giggled
  • Snickered
  • Laughed
  • Read two books
  • Yelled at Cassee (aka. Kimchi Kitty) until she ran upstairs
  • Wrote Kimchi Kitty gusta Ponchita on a paper plate
  • Decided to gasp and put my book (or hand) over my mouth every time anyone swore
  • Decided that there were too many opportunites to do that in the animanga
  • Complained about how profanity is affecting our children
  • Decided to put my hand over my mouth and gasp loudly whenever people in real life swear
  • Complained
  • Complained about the songs during the credits
  • Complained when the child skipped over the credits
  • Listened to the child complain that I complained too much
  • Told that child that I was complaining for the sake of complaining
  • Actually watched the animanga
It was a busy evening indeed. Besides, everyone knows that the more I complain about something, the more I like it.

One of the books I read was called The Blue Avenger or something like that. It was an okay book, but as a pseudocurser, my favorite part was that every time in the book where someone should have cursed, it instead said !@#$. That was because the main character liked old-fashioned comic books, where characters say @$#! a lot, and also because his father said something along the lines of "profanity is the language of those who can think of nothing else to say." In other words, "people who cuss are idiots." Yes, that means you.

Idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment