09 February 2009

Storming the SPC!

I looked up pseudocurses on Google for some reason and found this blog as one of the entries. That scared me. I'm going to go run and hide in a corner with my tin foil hat.

To the kid I saw on the way to advisory today: Jesus did not die 4 you. I know that without even getting into the complicated web of complication that is religion. Jesus is incapable of doing anything 4 anyone. For is a preposition. 4 is a number. Numbers are not words and have no right to go around pretending to be words.

I'm in advisory as I write this, being advised by Mr. X (I'm protecting his identity). There are fourteen of us students.  There are twelve lights on the ceiling. That's six sevenths of a light per person. There are thirty desks; that's two and a half desks per person. It's very exciting here with me reduced to counting furniture. I could, of course, be socializing, but you know me.

I have said that I will read anything people shove into my hands. This list I am painstakingly compiling of books I have read recently will be proof that anything and everything is reading material to me.

  • Another Kind of Cowboy. This book is by Susan Juby, who is pretty awesome. I want to be like her when I grow up. Read Alice, I Think to see why. Anyway, the cowboy book is about this dude Alex who is busy riding dressage and being in the closet, and his biffle Cleo, who's busy being rich. The funniest part was a page near the end. I'm not telling you about it. Go read it yourselves.
  • Generation Dead. Read my post two days ago. Then read the book.
  • An Abundance of Katherines. Also known as that Katherine book. The plot was maybe a little predictable: "So there's this guy who only dates girls named Katherine, and he meets this girl--" "And her name's not Katherine, but he falls in love with her anyway." "How'd you guess?" I have mad skills. It was funny enough to make up for that. I like funny books.
  • Rebel Angels. The sequel to A Great and Terrible Beauty. By that Libba Bray woman. She's funny. Her books are, occasionally. It's about girls at a boarding school in Victorian England who can, you know, go into a magical world and fight evil.
Today my English teacher was telling us about run-on sentences she says they're bad for our writing. I don't know what her problem is I love run-on sentences they're awesome. I'm sure I use a lot of run-ons in my writing, which is a habit I should probably get out of. Please notify me if I use too many run-ons and it bothers you a lot and you want me to stop okay that would be nice.

I plan to write up a petition and pass it around, trying to end the current degrees thing down at the SPC. As soon as I have enough people, we'll storm the SPC. Anyone reading this who goes to my place of learning and agrees that English has a place in American schools, get ready.

1 comment:

  1. I want to sign the petition first! I know I love run on sentences so much don't you they're awesome I know right?
    Gawd. That was hard to type. I'm not used to typing like that and now I feel all weird.
    That shirt bothered me too. We should get T-Shirts that say: Jesus uses proper spelling and grammar. :D

    ReplyDelete