23 February 2009

Attack of the annoyingly entrancing animanga!

I may never stop lumping anime and manga into animanga. It's so much more fun to say.

Look at me, blogging without the cousin's violent Facebook chat messages popping up left and right on my screen. I'm very proud of myself. This is a big step for me: the step after blogging because it's still a novelty and blogging because it's become a habit. I usually need someone to shove me through this step until whatever it is I'm doing becomes habit, but today I'm not. Wow! So exciting. I really feel like I'm, you know, growing up or something.

I've just finished reading Fruits Basket Vol. 6 (did I mention I've become hooked? I'm hooked. It's the blondes...) and my mind is kind of spinning. Am I the only person who it's like that for? When I finish reading a good book--or manga, or comic--my head sort of spins. In a good way. It's like the characters and story are still in my head, wandering around, and I have to think everything out again. That's why I read books a whole bunch of times. And also because I skim the first time and don't pick up crucial plot details until the second or third reading...Breaking Dawn...

Anyway, I read books a few times, usually only getting up from the couch to eat, and then find someone else who's also read the book to talk to. Talk meaning yell at ("Oh my forking gosh, he chose his stupid clothes over life? That jerk! That jerk!") and hope they agree with me. If they don't, we can have a wonderful discussion about character motives. Everyone had better agree with me on the issue of Tom deciding he'd rather make dresses than live past sixteen, though. Can you tell I'm still bitter about that? Read the Magic or Madness trilogy by Justine Larbalestier to find out why. And read the first one first!

I still have a stack of books that is the size of Kansas on the shelf, just waiting for me to pull them away and open their pages, but I'm resisting. Writing instead of reading can be very hard. For me, anyway.

I have decided, overnight, to become a vain person. Yes. Vanity is suddenly pouring from my pores. And my vanity needs you to help it out and let it take over my body. Please help the vain impulses and comment on this blog.

I'm tired. And the brother is distracting me with questions, such as "Why is the guy who looks like a girl cross-dressing?"

Because cross-dressing is fun, that's why. I have personal experience. Of course, that was just to shake things up a little bit.

Look at all these wonderfully short things pretending to be paragraphs! I'm getting too tired to write any more. Yes, I am. I'm not just making excuses so I can run off and read.

Look, cousin! I made a whole tag, just for you! Be filled with happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment