18 March 2009

Good afternoon, children of the night.

It's not afternoon. Oh well. And you're not children of the night, either. At least, I hope you're not. I assume you'd tell me if you were a vamp, right? Like, Libby, I know you've suspected that I'm a vamp. Maybe it was because I drink the blood of innocents, or maybe it was the fangs. I'm not sure. I am a vamp, though. Please don't treat me any differently. The undead are just like you and me. That would make me feel so much better about your condition, as long as you weren't about to suck my blood.

I had a moment of confusion today while half-listening to music and half-watching animanga. One of the characters finished speaking, and then someone in my song said la la la. For a second, I heard it as being in the animanga. I was totally confused.

I'm so sad that the kimchi kitty refuses to walk on the computer. At first, she would walk across the keyboard and write something like jnsdatfyr, but she now jumps right over it. It's very cute and all, but I'm sure it would be much easier to just walk across the computer.

Mother has commented that she is not the only cruel dictator in our household. That is true, Mother. She thinks I'm dissing her. Yes, she does. She said it to me, the same way the cat talks to me every day. Father is also an inexorable ruler, but I haven't mentioned him because he's not around right now.

I can't be the only person who has ever spent time staring at several sheets of paper spread around me, sure that I was supposed to have learned it in class and yet have no idea how to do my homework. It's a common predicament; it must be. People can't learn everything teachers tell them all the time. It's just not possible. If it were, we'd probably all be living on the moon with a race of super-smart people. Or, as Mr. X thinks will happen in the future, we'll make some robots that are smarter than us and they'll murder us all.

There is a small black marble almost exactly in the center of the square formed by the walls and the sideboard. It looks to me like modern art in the making. Human misery. Blackness. One soul in a square wasteland of sameness.

Where did I put my camera? This could make me all kinds of money, nearly as much as writing out my teen girl novel about Aethelfrith, Azrael, and Aiden would. I could call it One Deeply Depressed Marble Drowning in a Sea of Wood and Misery. Or not.

The child and I were having a super air-guitar contest! I was losing. I'm not exactly sure how you can lose when the only thing you're doing is waving your hands around pretending to strum a guitar, but I was losing. I got bored of guitar and changed my hand positions.

"Libby, what are you doing?" asked the child, still strumming like a maniac.

"I'm playing the bass!"

"Oh yeah, the bass guitar."

"No, the string bass!"

"This is a rock band," he informed me. "You don't play string bass in a rock band!"

"I'm playing the rock string bass!" At this point, I was seized by an amazing idea: String Bass Hero! Everyone would want to play it! You would hold the Wii Remote up above your head and use the Nunchuck like a bow! It would be at least as profitable as my career as an artist, if not more.

I'm getting tired and lazy now. Deal with my short post. I might write a longer post tomorrow, but probably not. Being tired and lazy doesn't go away that easily. Either you have it or you don't.

Laziness is not a choice, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment